Roles & Responsibilities
This highly professional IFA Group provides wealth management advice to high net worth individuals. They are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join a small team of equally experienced staff. You should be able to work within a small team and have the confidence to deal directly with Clients and Advisers. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Paraplanner who has drive and determination to succeed in their role, with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn and a “can do” attitude to support Advisers in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products in line with Group IFA’s advice process and compliance framework.
You will be responsible for writing detailed reports resulting in specific product/company recommendations.
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Reporting Relationships: Reporting to Managing Director
Expected hours of work: Standard hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Ability to understand and articulate The Advisers requirements, flagging any concerns where appropriate.
- Obtaining information on a client’s existing financial arrangements and conducting a gap analysis.
- Producing a strategy report and making high level recommendations in line with the clients’ objectives where required.
- Researching the market in line with guidelines from The Advisers, The Client’s circumstances and objectives for product and service solutions and preparing personalised high-quality reports written in plain English and include any compliance requirements.
- Communication with the Adviser throughout this process is of paramount importance.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Group IFA advice process, strategy and suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- Understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate.
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio.
- Conducting research and produce client facing strategy reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Deal with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- Follow the Group IFA client services process to deliver a personalised and high-quality service to Advisers.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues and compliance to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input client information onto the back-office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Provide regular updates to the Adviser.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other paraplanners within Group IFA to share ideas and best practice, including assisting Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- Participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
Salary: In the region of £32,000 – £40,000 pa depending on experience
· Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to communicate and influence at all levels.
· Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
· Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
· Team player
· Solutions orientated.
· Ability to think outside the box.
· Previous experience of working within an IFA environment with a good knowledge of all retail investment products.
· Strong PC skills with good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
· Working towards or achievement of CII Diploma/Chartered Status
· Knowledge of research tools & software (e.g. AEQUOS Engage, Trustnet, Analytics).
· Knowledge in other areas such as protection and IHT planning.
· Knowledge of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
· Understanding of industry initiatives including TCF and RDR.
· Able to assist with training and coaching of junior members of staff.
· Desire to maintain knowledge of industry developments.
· Capable of developing relationships with providers and leveraging these when required.
· Able to identify process improvements.
2 weeks ago