The opportunity for an experienced Marine Engineer to join my client’s team has arisen as part of the company’s ongoing development plan.
Marine Engineers are responsible for the installation of machinery and equipment within very high value award winning Superyacht environments, the plumbing of systems, running and terminating of electrical looms, installation and setup of electronics including CANbus control systems and NMEA networks and commissioning of the completed vessel. This is a diverse role that requires a broad understanding of new-build marine engineering. The role can be tailored to suit either Mechanical Engineers, or Electrical Engineers, however flexibility and cross-trade understanding will be a benefit. The Company are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and diligent individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in related employment.
Role & Responsibilities
· Mechanical equipment installation and commissioning on new build projects, including main machinery
· Installation and termination of wiring looms
· Installation and setup of CANbus control systems and NMEA2000 networks
· Installation, setup, and commissioning of hydraulic systems
· Problem solving and fault diagnosis
· Lead a project, planning the work on the vessel, checking information and stock, planning and meeting timescales
· As a benefit, fabrication of custom parts and plumbing components using machine tools and TIG welding.
Required Experience & Skills
· Experienced in new build marine engineering, both mechanical and electrical
· Proof of marine engineering qualifications a benefit
· Experience of electronic injection marine diesel engines and drive installs (e.g. Yanmar / Volvo / Mercruiser / stern drives and water jets)
· Experience of CANbus distribution systems
· Experience of installing marine navigation equipment (e.g. Raymarine)
· Working to a high standard
· Working within set timescales
· Ability to be independent on a vessel engineering project – planning own work and checking stock and information
Ability to follow instruction and work in a safe and productive manner
2 months ago