Digital Applications Specialist
The Digital Applications Specialist will be part of the Regional IT Team, the individual will be working in a highly dynamic, fast changing, and fluid working environment, supporting the business to design and deliver and support retail solutions for use in our Freestanding and Department stores.
The team is responsible for the delivery of projects, system changes and technology solutions to meet the needs of our retail stores. Technical third level support is a component of the role, particularly with digital and mobile applications and there is a requirement for the right candidate to own their task streams focusing predominantly across mobility (iOS devices and apps) using our MDM AirWatch Workspace One, alongside managing infrastructure and networks.
The role extends further beyond mobility with an expectation to bring innovation, new ideas and be able to build proof of concepts, pilot technologies, from business case through to delivery. It’s a front facing role, so conversing to business users , without using technical jargon and putting this into presentable formats is essential.
An ideal position for a problem solver who has an acute attention to detail, pro-active capability and a positive personality and experience of working in a time critical service environment.
The individual will be expected to have a passion for learning new technologies (not just someone who likes tech), but those who spend their time, researching, understanding and getting into the detail on a daily basis.
- Manage a mobile device estate (over 2,500+ devices), using AirWatch Workspace One MDM.
- Signing iOS apps and certificates for internal use, along with applying best practice configuration and housekeeping to mobile devices.
- Setting standards and configuration guidelines to maintain compliance and housekeeping of all UK enrolled devices.
- Basic management of the network infrastructure(Meraki), IP addressing, Wi-Fi policies and security practices.
- Oversee and manage SharePoint and Microsoft Teams for teams.
- Central point of contact beyond first line service desk and retail stores for all mobile technology incidents.
- Writing referenceable documentation and prepare reports that demonstrate compliance and housekeeping.
- Apply change management and software updates to ensure minimal disruption to core business activities
- Be part of a wider team on large scale project delivery
- Regularly work with the business in translating technical context to business level explanations.
- Support Business Analysts in identifying technical solutions to business problems and offer solid proposals to problems
- Must be prepared to work out-of-hours or on non- working-days as may be required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A detailed understanding of Mobile Device Management products (Preferably Airwatch Workspace One)
- Solid experience in iOS, Apple products and App signing and certification.
- MAC OSX and Windows 10 troubleshooting and experience.
- General Networking & Best Practice Wi-Fi Security
- Service Management principles and associated processes, including Problem and Incident Management as well as Change Control procedures.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to succinctly summarise and express the impact that a problem causes the organisation and users.
- Digital Signage product usage (Content Management)
- Good awareness of enterprise security best practices (PCI:DSS, PII, SOX)
- ITIL V3/V4 Service Capability/Lifecycle or later
- Past exposure within a Retail focused organisation, having worked directly with in-store technologies.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate to every level of the organisation.
2 months ago